Get Floating Table Position & Dynamic Shape Fill Color Setting for LINQ Reporting Engine using .NET
What is new in this release?
Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for NET 17.11.0 . This month’s release contains over 102 useful new features, enhancements and bug fixes. There are some important features and API changes in part of this month’s release, such as LINQ Reporting Engine supports dynamic shape background coloring, Improved optional hyphen handling and fixed related infinite loop issue, Improved floating table re-breaking in specific scenarios where content of a table used to be lost outside of a page, Improved table grid computation when cells contain tab characters, Further improved character spacing control handling, PCL documents rendering improved. UCS-2 symbol sets can now be mapped to the printer built-in fonts – it allows to print non-ascii symbols with built-in fonts if supported by printer, A ‘cosmetic’ pen (i.e. pen with fixed 1-pixel width) rendering improved in metafile output documents, Font metrics calculation affecting the vertical positioning of text for GDI+ output rendering improved, Added fallback for strokes with unsupported binary raster operations in metafile rendering, Gamma-correction flag is now taken into account while rendering metafiles brushes and Metafile warnings improved. This release has introduced new feature for setting the fill color of Shape node using LINQ Reporting. Please refer to the article Setting Background Color Dynamically for more detail in the documentation section. A new constant is added into the MsWordVersion enumeration type. It can be passed into the CompatibilityOptions.OptimizeFor method to optimize the document contents as well as Aspose.Words behavior to match MS Word 2016 version. Aspose team has added public property OleFormat.OlePackage to provide ability to set file name, extension and display name for OLE Package when inserting ole object using MemoryStream. Please refer to the article Set File Name and Extension when Inserting Ole Object for more detail. A new feature has been added in this release to get the position of floating table. It has removed following obsolete public methods from DigitalSignatureUtil class. Instead, the methods with SignOptions class should be used. Added warnings for unsupported binary raster operations. Also added fallback to bitmap rendering in this case on .NET platform. Changed type of warnings about unsupported metafile records from DataLoss/Unexpected Content to more appropriate MinorFormattingLoss. It has removed warnings about unsupported metafile records, which do not affect the output. The list of new and improved features added in this release are given below
- Table width is changed after conversion from Docx to Pdf.
- Add feature to include all styles in ResourcesAllStyles2007.docx from StyleIdentifier Enum
- Shifted text in a document after conversion from MS Word to PDF
- When DOCX is saved as PDF, table columns have incorrect width
- Add feature to fill shape (text-box) color in Linq Reporting Engine
- Built-in styles in MSW 2013 are different than in MSW 2007.
- Provide method that returns Text in the same order as we see in MS Word, Google - Docs, LibreOffice etc
- Applying a radial gradient fill (hardware rendering).
- Applying a rectangular gradient fill (hardware rendering).
- Implement support of transform for radial gradient fill (hardware rendering).
- TOC line spacing is changed in PDF output.
- Empty table appears in ouput PDF
- Get position of floating table in public API
- /revision marks/ Support revision marks upon rendering
- Shape gets overlapped due to its incorrect position
- Applying simple textures (such as Color, Gradient, Picture, etc.) for 3D shapes (hardware rendering)
- Issue when loading HTML with incorrect namespace declarations
- Incorrect table position in DOM API and resultant HTML
- To set file name and extension when inserting ole object using MemoryStream
- Support to evaluate IF condition
- Shading.BackgroundPatternColor returns incorrect value after updating Theme color
- Demo code of Page Splitter has to be simplified and reviewed.
- Contents move down to the page after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Position of table's rows is changed after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Table truncates in PDF - only one page in rendered
- Font changed in saved .rtf document
- Table on edge of page is mangled in PDF
- Multipage table content cutting off on transforming Word to PDF
- Blank pages appear in generated ODT
- /character spacing control/ Chinese text moves to next line after conversion from Doc to HtmlFixed
- Row's contents are truncated after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Row's contents are truncated after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Docx to Pdf conversion issue with table's rendering
- Cell's contents are truncated at the bottom of page in output Pdf
Table's cells are completely lost after re-saving Odt
- Html save as Odt - tables display incorrectly
- Distance between list item marker and text increases after saving to HTML
- "DOCX to WML" conversion result has wrong output.
- DOCX to PDF conversion losing pages
- Incorrect table/page layout // DOCX to PDFA: some text is missing in resultant PDFA document
- TOC paragraph spacing difference in Aspose.Words and MS Word
- MS Word 2016 shows page number incorrectly in status bar after saving RTF To DOCX
Formatting issue in PDF printing
- Process hangs during rendering DOCX to PDF
- /character spacing control/ Position of line break changes in rendered document
- DOCX to PDF conversion issue with Khmer text
- Text is wrapped to next line in table after conversion from DOCX to PDF
- Images are overlapped after conversion from DOCX to HtmlFixed
- List label values are incorrect after joining documents
- DOCX to PDF conversion issue with SmartArt rendering
- DOCX to PNG conversion issue with text formatting
- DOCX to Image conversion issue with text formatting
- Greek letter µ converted to M when DOCX saved as PDF
- Text overlaps on header row border in resultant Image
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts