borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder
borderAndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2017 Andrea Tincaniborder

AndreaVB | Forum | News | Downloads | Register | Help | Member List | Statistics | Search | PM | Profile

Print This Topic
Previous Topic (Access SQL DateDiff)Next Topic (Hello) New Topic New Poll Post Reply
AndreaVB Forum : Off-Topic : Auto Import CSV files into SQL Azure
Poster Message
Shawnturner
Level: Trainee

icon Auto Import CSV files into SQL Azure

Hello Everyone

Need some help please. I have a project i need to import lots of existing CSV files into SQL.
Then i need to automate it to import the new ones that are created every day.

I've been trying to use BCP to do the importing. I can do very well and automate very well. The only problem i cant import the dates. If i set the fields to varchar works no problems. If i set to date i get errors.
I've changed the format of the dates as a test to ever format and i still get the errors.

Error is
Starting copy...
SQLState = 22005, NativeError = 0
Error = [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server]Invalid character value for cast specification

i'd love to get BCP working because it seems to be the best.

I've been surprised at how little import tools are out there. I'm open for anything at the moment.

I have a process working at the moment using Navicat SQL, though i don't really like it. Not enough reporting out of it, and clunky.

I tried SQL Server Import and Export Wizard though it runs into the same problems with dates. Also its just as clunky as Navicat.

The point to getting the data in the cloud is to run a Business Intelligence reporting tool from it. For example ZOHO Reports. just and example.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

[Edited by admin on 17-11-2017 at 12:32 PM GMT]

17-11-2017 at 06:56 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts Visit Homepage | Quote Reply
AndreaVB Forum : Off-Topic : Auto Import CSV files into SQL Azure
Previous Topic (Access SQL DateDiff)Next Topic (Hello) New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Surf To:

Not Logged In? Username: Password: Lost your password?
borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder
borderAndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2017 Andrea Tincaniborder