borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder
borderAndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2018 Andrea Tincaniborder

AndreaVB | Forum | News | Downloads | Register | Help | Member List | Statistics | Search | PM | Profile

Print This Topic
Next Topic (Error message about common dialog control) New Topic New Poll Post Reply
AndreaVB Forum : VB General : code for Maximum and minimum score from a database
Poster Message
Ikoyiv
Level: Trainee

icon code for Maximum and minimum score from a database

Anyway, there's no need to have a Max function into VB, as is not hard to implement your own. Only, you got to use a loop, but there are many tricks to speed it up. And if you loop thru a Collection instead than an array, you can do it as fast as hell. No wonder if some math-oriented languages, like Fortran, implement it, as it can be useful with numbers, but there's really no need of such this function as native. Mind that VB hasn't got any root operator, too, but this doesn't mean roots are not avaliable in VB.
Hope it helps (and hope this time my topic won't be lost).
[Edited by yronium on 23-03-2007 at 11:06 AM

#I ran into the above and I need your assistance #
I am working on a student result app that requires me to fetch the maximum and minimum score from the database and display in a text box called highest in class and lowest in class respectively. please I need your help.
am using ms access linked using adodc and all my records per students are saved to the database already

02-01-2018 at 02:20 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Quote Reply
AndreaVB Forum : VB General : code for Maximum and minimum score from a database
Next Topic (Error message about common dialog control) New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Surf To:

Not Logged In? Username: Password: Lost your password?
borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder
borderAndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2018 Andrea Tincaniborder