borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder
borderAndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2016 Andrea Tincaniborder

AndreaVB | Forum | News | Downloads | Register | Help | Member List | Statistics | Search | PM | Profile

Print This Topic
Previous Topic (how to get image/shape/picture inside word document?)Next Topic (C++ FREE PDF EBOOK) New Topic New Poll Post Reply
AndreaVB Forum : C# : how can i do a ocr programm by c#
Poster Message
tri_inn
Level: Wizard

icon how can i do a ocr programm by c#

i dont know does the c# has the power for ocr application.if i want develop a application that will convert scan file content to text file.is it possible. if yes the please tell me how can i do it.

09-09-2003 at 12:37 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Quote Reply
stickleprojects
Level: Moderator

icon Re: how can i do a ocr programm by c#

Hi Tri_inn,
The generic Bitmap object (System.Drawing) supports the GetPixel method. By combining this with some character recognition, I see no reason why an OCR application could not be developed.
I believe that OCR is usually based on fuzzy-logic and is implemented by instead of "if a=b" but instead "if a>=b and a<=c" - with b and c being determined by stats.
OCR logic is quite difficult. The easiest implementation I have seen is to create a bitmap of every character in a font and then use the equivalent of google searching to map the character to the one in your map. It is not straightforward in any language - like coding an index for a database - more maths than code.
I cannot supply code (too much to think, TBH), but I hope my pointers have helped.
Kieron

30-04-2004 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Quote Reply
AndreaVB Forum : C# : how can i do a ocr programm by c#
Previous Topic (how to get image/shape/picture inside word document?)Next Topic (C++ FREE PDF EBOOK) New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Surf To:

Not Logged In? Username: Password: Lost your password?
borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder
borderAndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2016 Andrea Tincaniborder