borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder

AndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2014 Andrea Tincani

AndreaVB Home | News Home | Forum Home | Downloads | Register | Search | PM | Profile

Previous Topic (FTMaster v.1.5)Next Topic (Send and receive SMS via VB6 thru NOKIA phone) New Topic Post Reply
AndreaVB OnLine : Articles and tutorials : Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB
Poster Resource
TJ_01
Level: Wizard


Registered: 24-08-2005
Posts: 317
icon Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

Hi.

These topic is for those who wants to learn how to send SMS (Short Message Service) from pc to mobile phones.

Devices
1. Mobile phone (Nokia Model Only)
2. Connecting Device (Such as: Infrared, DataCable, or Bluetooth)
3. Download the appropriate Nokia PC Connectivity SDK depends on the version or model of the Nokia Phone you are using.

Procedures
1. Install the connecting device (Such as: Infrared, DataCable, or Bluetooth) in you pc.
NOTE: You must connect first the phone to your pc before installing.
2. Install the Nokia PC COnnectivity.
3. Open a Visual Studio and start new project.
4. Add the Nokia Components in your preferences.
5. Then copy the code below.

Private Sub cmdSend_Click()
On Error GoTo ErrorTrap
    
    Dim message As String
    message = txtMsg.Text
    Select Case chkUnicode.Value
    Case vbUnchecked
        If (Len(message) > SMS_TEXT_MAX_SIZE) Then
            pMsgPart1 = Left(message, SMS_CONCATENATED_TEXT_MAX_SIZE)
            pMsgPart2 = Right(message, Len(message) - SMS_CONCATENATED_TEXT_MAX_SIZE)
            SendConcatenatedMessage
            Exit Sub
        End If
    Case vbChecked
        If (Len(message) > SMS_UNICODE_MAX_SIZE) Then
            pMsgPart1 = Left(message, SMS_CONCATENATED_UNICODE_MAX_SIZE)
            pMsgPart2 = Right(message, Len(message) - SMS_CONCATENATED_UNICODE_MAX_SIZE)
            SendConcatenatedMessage
            Exit Sub
        End If
    Case Else
        MsgBox ("Select coding scheme")
    End Select
    
    Dim smsEntry As NokiaCLMessaging.ShortMessageItem
    Set smsEntry = New NokiaCLMessaging.ShortMessageItem
    
    smsEntry.Type = SHORTMESSAGE_TYPE_GSM_SUBMIT
    Set pIGSMSubmit = smsEntry.TypeProperties
    
    pIGSMSubmit.message = txtMsg.Text
    pIGSMSubmit.DestinationAddress = txtDestination.Text
    pIGSMSubmit.ServiceCenterAddress = txtMsgCenter.Text
    pIGSMSubmit.ProtocolID = 0
    If (chkUnicode.Value = vbChecked) Then
        pIGSMSubmit.DataCodingScheme = CODING_SCHEME_UNICODE
    Else
        pIGSMSubmit.DataCodingScheme = CODING_SCHEME_TEXT
    End If
    
    pIGSMSubmit.ValidityPeriodRelative = 255
    
    Call pSMSAdapter.SendSMS(SHORTMESSAGE_ROUTE_TYPE_ANY, pIGSMSubmit)

   'Insert your code here to store the sent message in the database.
        

    MsgBox "Message Sent TO " & txtDestination.Text & vbCrLf & "With Reference Number: " & pIGSMSubmit.MessageReference, vbOKOnly, "Message Sent"
    
Exit Sub

ErrorTrap:
    If Err.Number = -2147467259 Or Err.Number = -2147467259 Then
    End If
    MsgBox Err.Description, vbInformation, "SMS Cannot Send"
    

End Sub




[Edited by admin on 01-10-2005 at 12:45 PM GMT]

____________________________
Im JAMES  

29-08-2005 at 04:11 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
luckyboy
Level: Wizard

Registered: 05-05-2005
Posts: 154
icon Re: SEND SMS FROM PC TO MOBILE PHONES USING VB

How about no device? can we send from pc to phone(no device require)?

____________________________
Please help out.

16-09-2005 at 09:50 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
TJ_01
Level: Wizard


Registered: 24-08-2005
Posts: 317
icon Re: SEND SMS FROM PC TO MOBILE PHONES USING VB

Yes. You can use a modem as your device but the code is not similar compare to the code i have written. You gonna use AT Commands.

____________________________
Im JAMES  

28-09-2005 at 06:30 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
resty2k5
Level: Trainee

Registered: 03-10-2005
Posts: 2
icon Re: SEND SMS FROM PC TO MOBILE PHONES USING VB

quote:
TJ_01 wrote:
Yes. You can use a modem as your device but the code is not similar compare to the code i have written. You gonna use AT Commands.


can you give me sample code for AT command b'coz i'm newbie for this syntax
03-10-2005 at 07:10 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
potetojb
Level: Protégé

Registered: 27-03-2006
Posts: 4
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

if i want change use sony  ericsson phone (T610) with At command what part i much change..

27-03-2006 at 08:20 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
nkmomin
Level: Protégé

Registered: 21-09-2006
Posts: 5
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

Hi all i am a new over here.

I am facing some problem in this code. this doesn't work for me can some one please find a solution to that and suggest me how to send bulk sms via VB.

please

Thanks in Advance....

21-09-2006 at 03:05 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
joshua__lim
Level: Trainee

Registered: 24-10-2007
Posts: 1
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

quote:
potetojb wrote:
if i want change use sony  ericsson phone (T610) with At command what part i much change..



You can issue the following thru COM:

AT+CMGF=1

AT+CMGS= receiver phone number here
Text can be entered.
/


Nokia Suite does not use AT commands, you can try this SMS sender - http://www.visualgsm.com/products_vgsmlite.htm


Rgds,
Joshua Lim
SMS Gateway@Expert

[Edited by joshua__lim on 24-10-2007 at 10:16 AM GMT]
24-10-2007 at 10:16 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
ravi_samsher211
Level: Trainee

Registered: 26-07-2008
Posts: 1
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

This code is not working Properly
I m facing Some Problem
Please Help me

26-07-2008 at 08:30 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
khuzaimasalaam
Level: Trainee

Registered: 24-09-2008
Posts: 1
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

Hi,
I tried to implement this code but it gives error "No Phone connected". Although I have connected my E51 using BlueTooth. I also connected E51 with USB cable. In both the cases, Nokia PC Suite shows that E51 is connected, but I cannot send sms using the above code. It immediately gives error "No Phone Connected".

Can anyone please help me solve this problem?

Also, can anyone help me sending sms using CDMA mobile connected to the PC through BlueTooth?

Thanks & Regards
Khuzaima

[Edited by khuzaimasalaam on 25-09-2008 at 05:08 PM GMT]

24-09-2008 at 05:39 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
wire2air
Level: Trainee

Registered: 21-11-2008
Posts: 2
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB


Hi,

Why don't you try Txtimpact.

They provide Activ X as wel as HTTP API.

Here is the site

http://www.txtimpact.com/

Try it............

21-11-2008 at 07:12 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
lazers
Level: Trainee

Registered: 03-12-2008
Posts: 1
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Hi, i have a nokia 6300 and downloaded the appropriate Nokia PC Suite. Now i want to write an application in VB or C to send an SMS through the phone. I have the phone connected through USB cable. I came accross various forums and sample codes but none is successfull. Can anyone help.
Regards.

03-12-2008 at 07:58 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
leila_lhe
Level: Trainee

Registered: 28-12-2008
Posts: 1
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

could you please put the solution of your project for download?
because this code is full of error and did not work

____________________________
Leila

28-12-2008 at 08:17 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
jerick31586
Level: Trainee

Registered: 03-01-2009
Posts: 1
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

hi! ! ! !
after i do your procedure,copy and paste the following code,now how the vb will send a sms from pc to cellphone, to think that my cellphone is connected to my pc, i want to manipulate the msg. i want to send to cellphone,using our code. . .please answer it i need it badly. . .tnx

03-01-2009 at 06:48 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
gkoliver
Level: Trainee

Registered: 06-02-2009
Posts: 1
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

I use VBA to send SMS messages without anything fancy. You can just send it as an email if you know the carrier. It just goes to something like "8888888888@txt.att.net" (obviously, the email extender changes with carrier ). I've heard that you can use "number@teleflip.com" for any number, not knowing the carrier, but have never done it...

08-02-2009 at 09:01 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
carolynjoseph
Level: Trainee

Registered: 02-06-2010
Posts: 1
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

I recommend you Wire2Air SMS Gateway software to send and receive sms from computer to mobile and mobile to computer. wire2air is a US based company engaged in providing sms gateway, bulk sms, mobile contents delivery(like ringtones, wallpapers, videos, images, animations)and mobile marketing solutions and platforms.

02-06-2010 at 02:28 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts Visit Homepage | Add Comment
Excelmate
Level: Trainee

Registered: 25-10-2010
Posts: 1
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

Has anyone got a fully operational copy of this code. It should do EXACTLY what I need with a couple of tweeks/loops.

I have downloaded the PC Conectivity SDK/AVI 3.2 but I don't know how to install it...

I have just created a rota spreadsheet for a friend's company. Have managed to get it to send a personalised rota to each staff member when I complete the rota. I now want to add a text message saying that rota sent by email and their next shift. Ideally i would like to be able to use the sheet on other computers without having to download and install the PC Connect.

Please help, getting so frustrated that I cannot get this to work.

I am on Win. 7, excel 2007.

Thankyou!

[Edited by Excelmate on 25-10-2010 at 01:26 AM GMT]

25-10-2010 at 01:23 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
bishneet
Level: Trainee

Registered: 03-12-2010
Posts: 1
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

quote:
TJ_01 wrote:
Hi.

These topic is for those who wants to learn how to send SMS (Short Message Service) from pc to mobile phones.

Devices
1. Mobile phone (Nokia Model Only)
2. Connecting Device (Such as: Infrared, DataCable, or Bluetooth)
3. Download the appropriate Nokia PC Connectivity SDK depends on the version or model of the Nokia Phone you are using.

Procedures
1. Install the connecting device (Such as: Infrared, DataCable, or Bluetooth) in you pc.
NOTE: You must connect first the phone to your pc before installing.
2. Install the Nokia PC COnnectivity.
3. Open a Visual Studio and start new project.
4. Add the Nokia Components in your preferences.
5. Then copy the code below.

Private Sub cmdSend_Click()
On Error GoTo ErrorTrap
    
    Dim message As String
    message = txtMsg.Text
    Select Case chkUnicode.Value
    Case vbUnchecked
        If (Len(message) > SMS_TEXT_MAX_SIZE) Then
            pMsgPart1 = Left(message, SMS_CONCATENATED_TEXT_MAX_SIZE)
            pMsgPart2 = Right(message, Len(message) - SMS_CONCATENATED_TEXT_MAX_SIZE)
            SendConcatenatedMessage
            Exit Sub
        End If
    Case vbChecked
        If (Len(message) > SMS_UNICODE_MAX_SIZE) Then
            pMsgPart1 = Left(message, SMS_CONCATENATED_UNICODE_MAX_SIZE)
            pMsgPart2 = Right(message, Len(message) - SMS_CONCATENATED_UNICODE_MAX_SIZE)
            SendConcatenatedMessage
            Exit Sub
        End If
    Case Else
        MsgBox ("Select coding scheme")
    End Select
    
    Dim smsEntry As NokiaCLMessaging.ShortMessageItem
    Set smsEntry = New NokiaCLMessaging.ShortMessageItem
    
    smsEntry.Type = SHORTMESSAGE_TYPE_GSM_SUBMIT
    Set pIGSMSubmit = smsEntry.TypeProperties
    
    pIGSMSubmit.message = txtMsg.Text
    pIGSMSubmit.DestinationAddress = txtDestination.Text
    pIGSMSubmit.ServiceCenterAddress = txtMsgCenter.Text
    pIGSMSubmit.ProtocolID = 0
    If (chkUnicode.Value = vbChecked) Then
        pIGSMSubmit.DataCodingScheme = CODING_SCHEME_UNICODE
    Else
        pIGSMSubmit.DataCodingScheme = CODING_SCHEME_TEXT
    End If
    
    pIGSMSubmit.ValidityPeriodRelative = 255
    
    Call pSMSAdapter.SendSMS(SHORTMESSAGE_ROUTE_TYPE_ANY, pIGSMSubmit)

   'Insert your code here to store the sent message in the database.
        

    MsgBox "Message Sent TO " & txtDestination.Text & vbCrLf & "With Reference Number: " & pIGSMSubmit.MessageReference, vbOKOnly, "Message Sent"
    
Exit Sub

ErrorTrap:
    If Err.Number = -2147467259 Or Err.Number = -2147467259 Then
    End If
    MsgBox Err.Description, vbInformation, "SMS Cannot Send"
    

End Sub


i'm not able to find nokia components...plz help
    
03-12-2010 at 07:25 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
ruben_benz
Level: Trainee

Registered: 15-01-2011
Posts: 1
icon Re: Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB

Hey guys try this code maybe it could be help..


Option Explicit
Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)
Dim message As Integer

Private Sub Form_Load()

'MSComm1.Settings = "460800,n,8,1"      'Change this with the Baud rate of your modem (The one you use with Hyper Terminal)
'MSComm1.CommPort = 10                   ' Change this with the port your Modem is attached,(eg bluetooth)
'MSComm1.PortOpen = True

With MSComm1
        .CommPort = 10
        .Settings = "9600,N,8,1"
        .Handshaking = comRTS
        .RTSEnable = True
        .DTREnable = True
        .RThreshold = 1
        .SThreshold = 1
        .InputMode = comInputModeText
        .InputLen = 0
        .PortOpen = True 'must be the last
    End With


End Sub

Private Sub Command1_Click()
' Send an 'AT' command to the phone
MSComm1.Output = "AT" & vbCrLf
Sleep 500
MSComm1.Output = "AT+CMGF=1" & vbCrLf                          'This line can be removed if your modem will always be in Text Mode...
Sleep 500
MSComm1.Output = "AT+CMGS=" & Chr(34) & TxtNumber.Text & Chr(34) & vbCrLf  'Replace this with your mobile Phone's No.
Sleep 1000
MSComm1.Output = TxtMessage.Text & Chr(26)
Sleep 2000

    MsgBox "Message Send"


End Sub



Private Sub MSComm1_OnComm()
Me.List1.AddItem MSComm1.Input
'Me.List1.AddItem MSComm1.Output

End Sub


____________________________
Source code is my life

16-01-2011 at 03:42 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Add Comment
AndreaVB OnLine : Articles and tutorials : Send SMS from PC to mobile phones using VB
Previous Topic (FTMaster v.1.5)Next Topic (Send and receive SMS via VB6 thru NOKIA phone)New Topic Post Reply
Surf To:


Not Logged In? Username: Password: Lost your password?
borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder
borderAndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2014 Andrea Tincaniborder