borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder
borderAndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2016 Andrea Tincaniborder

AndreaVB | Forum | News | Downloads | Register | Help | Member List | Statistics | Search | PM | Profile

Print This Topic
Previous Topic (shutting down PC in a network)Next Topic (Error in rights to run stored procedure through application) New Topic New Poll Post Reply
AndreaVB Forum : Network : how to share server database with clients in a network...
Poster Message
elric(1)
Level: Protégé

icon how to share server database with clients in a network...

how to share server database with clients in a network... please help..     

10-01-2007 at 04:36 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Quote Reply
elric(1)

icon Re: how to share server database with clients in a network...

damn i forgot its a access database.. how could i share it using vb6... need help...   

10-01-2007 at 04:37 AM
GeoffS
Level: Wizard

Hi,
Remove all tables  and put into a seperate Access Database - this is the "Backend" database. Put this Database onto the Fileserver computer in a shared folder. Each Client computer should have a Network Drive mapped to this folder, using the same Drive letter(e.g "Z"). In the main (Frontend) Database goto "File" on the main menu, goto "GetExternalData - Link Tables", select the Mapped Network drive "Z" and follow the routine to create a link to all the relevant tables.
Now, when your Frontend Database is opened on a client PC it will connect to the data tables on the Server PC. Be aware, if the number of users goes over about 10 you may start to experience problems with performance.
Hope that helps.

03-02-2007 at 10:23 AM
markiecork

Thanks to give advice.Its very useful for me because i have make project of inventory management system & i have make database in access so its very useful to connect access to vb 6.  

20-04-2010 at 10:05 AM
AndreaVB Forum : Network : how to share server database with clients in a network...
Previous Topic (shutting down PC in a network)Next Topic (Error in rights to run stored procedure through application) New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Surf To:

Not Logged In? Username: Password: Lost your password?
borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder
borderAndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2016 Andrea Tincaniborder