borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder
borderAndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2016 Andrea Tincaniborder

AndreaVB | Forum | News | Downloads | Register | Help | Member List | Statistics | Search | PM | Profile

Print This Topic
Previous Topic (how to share server database with clients in a network...)Next Topic (Files with Winsock (client-Server)) New Topic New Poll Post Reply
AndreaVB Forum : Network : Error in rights to run stored procedure through application
Poster Message
hrushikeshjadhav
Level: Trainee

icon Error in rights to run stored procedure through application

HI

I m a newbee to vb.net.

I am executing stored procedure through vb.net application, it throws error permission was denied on execution of stored procedure but when i execute through query analyser it works.

even i tried using GRANT EXECUTE  ON [usp_testexcel] TO [username] but still it doesnt work.

find enclosed error

19-01-2009 at 10:08 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Quote Reply
GeoffS
Level: Wizard

icon Re: Error in rights to run stored procedure through application

If your Stored Procedure makes any changes to data held in database tables then your User Account will also need the relevant permissions on the affected tables for SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and / or DELETE.
The easiest way to ensure this is to make your user a member of the fixed database roles "db_datareader" and "db_datawriter"

19-01-2009 at 03:35 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show All Posts | Quote Reply
AndreaVB Forum : Network : Error in rights to run stored procedure through application
Previous Topic (how to share server database with clients in a network...)Next Topic (Files with Winsock (client-Server)) New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Surf To:

Not Logged In? Username: Password: Lost your password?
borderAndreaVB free resources for Visual Basic developersborder
borderAndreaVB Visual Basic and VB.NET source code resources - Copyright © 1999-2016 Andrea Tincaniborder